Saturday, January 17, 2015

Health

So the word for January is Health. My focus has been to define what health means to me so that I'm not chasing an ideal of health that is something I won't be able to keep up with for the rest of my life or won't make me happy in the long run.

To start I've thought it best to read and educate myself a bit to see how I would achieve health once I defined it.



So far I've read the Sugar Impact diet by JJ Virgin. Interesting idea presented. It was nice to see most of the items she says you should give up, I don't even eat. Yeah ahead of the game!! She is promoting more veggies, organic of course and to be aware of how much sugar you have every day. It seems doable. I'm currently reading Clean by Dr. Alejandro Junger. He is scaring me with the amount of toxins I'm being bombarded with everyday. Makes me want to live in a bubble. I haven't finished the book. I'm looking forward to his detox regime. I've been wanting to detox but everything I've seen on the market just looked too harsh. He keeps saying his method is easier to incorporate in one's life. We shall see.

The other thing I've done is started exercising. I know right ...no brainer ...want health ...exercise. I can't even tell you how many times I started but never kept up with it.  I decided to come at it from an entirely different angle. Incorporated the habit first then work on cardio and muscle building. I'm doing 15 minutes every morning of stretches. So no pain just feeling yummy every morning. Once the habit it in place I will incorporate other exercises. Woohoo I've stayed with it for 2 straight weeks, Missed a couple of days here and there because of scheduling. But I went back to it and  I'm actually looking forward to the stretches as well. Who would have thought.

As I mentioned in my last post, I want to keep the action steps simple and to pick 3. For the last action step I picked drinking water. As of this post I haven't hit my goal of 8/8oz cups yet but overall I have increased my water intake.

Next post I hope to have the art piece complete to show you.

What action steps are you doing for your goals?

Thanks for stopping by

XOXO

Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment