Friday, January 10, 2014

Potato Leek Soup

One of my go to cook books is the Joy of Cooking. I have used it so much that I had to buy a new copy since my first copy kind of fell apart from so much use. Their version of Potato Leek Soup is very simple. I decided to make the soup while I was grocery shopping and didn't actually read the recipe before I went. The recipe calls for 8 leeks whites only. But I only came home with 3.
 I decided to make the soup anyway. The recipe is quite simple 8 leeks, butter, 3 potatoes, 5 cups of broth. My favorite broth is Progresso. But I will use any that is on sale. I also tend to not buy the low sodium because it tend to forget to salt my cooking. That save me from having bland food. LOL


Saute leeks until soft.



Add rest of ingredient and boil for about 1/2 hour or until potatoes are soft and puree.

I got this hand held blender for my birthday. I couldn't wait to try it out. One of the reasons for making this soup. Once you puree, you can add a cup of cream if you want a creamier soup or thin with broth if you want a thinner soup. Guess which way I went...

Yup with the cream. It was so yummy. Try the soup it so fast to make, unless you taking photos of the process. wink wink You will be eating in less than a hour.

Thanks for stopping by
XOXO
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment