Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cowboy boots

I bought these boots for a steal at DSW. If I'm remembering correctly I couldn't have paid more than $30.00 for them. I knew at the time they were not leather but I thought they were fun. I made the mistake this past Christmas of scooting over while on my knees over a rug. As you can see the tops got worn away.


I was going to get rid of them but I thought maybe I'd paint over the tips.


These are a few ideas I got off the Internet. I decided to go with a simple design on my first try at painting shoes. 


I tried using fabric paint with my first layer. The paint was too transparent, I didn't think multiple coats would help either. I moved on to acrylic paint.  I got the coverage I wanted. Now I can wear the boots again. I don't know if the paint will last. If it doesn't I can always pull out the paint brush and do go to town again. 

Thanks for stopping by
XOXO
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment